Avoid the 'boos' with Halloween Safety
Christmas is no longer the only decorative holiday. Halloween has become a time for moody lights, spooky fog machines, and life-size ghouls.
Follow these tips to make your Halloween fun yet safe:
- Cracked, frayed, or bare wires may cause a serious shock or start a fire, so inspect before plugging in.
- Check that decorations are Underwriters Laboratory® (UL) approved and marked for outdoor use.
- Don’t overload extension cords or allow them to touch water. Turn off all decorations before leaving home or going to sleep, and consider using a timer.
When decorating outside, remember to look up. Keep yourself and equipment at least 10 feet away from overhead power lines.